Thursday, December 7, 2006

A True Calamity!

Maypril 6011, 1205

I don’t believe it. After all our hard work. This morning the Prince came by carrying a ridiculous glass slipper that supposedly his dream girl lost at the ball. Well, I’ll tell you I was determined to get one of my girls’ feet in that slipper. We tried everything, but they just wouldn’t fit. And then, you’ll never believe it. In walked ugly Cinderella all covered in soot, as usual. Before I could tell her to get back to work in the cellar, the Prince called her and asked her to try on the slipper. And, agony of agonies, it fit! It seems she was the mystery maiden at the ball! Oh, the shame of it all.

I don’t know where she got that fancy dress, though. She must have a fairy godmother or something. Ha ha ha.

Anyway, my husband went off with his precious daughter to live in the palace with her and the Prince. Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say. There’s plenty more fish in the sea.