Thursday, December 7, 2006

The Intruder

Maypril 6010, 1204

I am so mad I could just spit rocks. My daughters and I got all dressed up and went to the ball. Everyone there couldn’t keep from looking at us. It must have been the beautiful purple color I died my hair or maybe it was all the solid gold jewelry, feathers, and jewels my daughters wore all over their arms and necks.

Anyway, the prince was just walking over to ask one of them to dance when this new girl came floating in like she was already the queen. Everyone looked away from us and stared at her. Personally, I didn’t think she was all that, but the prince did. He danced with only her all night. Stella had to dance with Lord Loobernoggin and Nellie got stuck with the Earl of Dipsnort. Neither of them have a penny to their names.

When midnight came, Little Miss Perfect raced off, and the Prince spent the rest of the night running around looking for her.

I don’t know who she was, but she looked kind of familiar. I just can’t place her, though.